Saturday, October 17, 2009

Not My Cup of Tea But It Will Be In The Future

Today went for floorball training..All things were as usual as there's meeting den continue with training..But before that Jason change the format of training..Pay fees first..well, there's pro and cons..As the members all pay their fee, one of the member's dad paid for his son as well for himself..when i were counting the money to tally with the account book, his dad noticed that his son stil had outstanding debts that yet to be paid..so he paid up and thought back that he said his wife told him that his son had cleared all the debts..so i told him..that was paid for last time's debt..so in order to make things clear he called up his wife tru handphone..His wife's sounded very angry..So he ask me to explain to her..

When i answer the call, she keep talk and talk and talk till i got no chance to explain to her..so i stopped her.."Hey aunty aunty..we recorded each and every fees paid by the players..if u wan now onwards i'll open u a receipt once ur son pays..if thats alrite with u?" she terus shoot me.."I dun wan the receipt la..i just wan to noe now how much x owes the club!" when she was saying that, my mind was saying that "Hey..we dun wan ur money oso la..the money not goes to our pocket..im just doing my job as a head of finance..ok?" But i dint talk to her this way cause it mite destroy the clubs reputation..so i told her.."aunty, now x just owe till oct..only this amount had not been cleared" So she said.."okok..i'll ask his dad to pay today to clear all." "okok..no problem..sorry for the mistakes."

Therefore i realized that persuading, convincing and explaining to member's parent isn't my forte..Its quite a hard job for me to open my mouth to talk to parents about money issue..But I also realized that in the future i need to persuade, convince and explain to my subordinates as i'm looking forward to be a HR manager..

-close-

No comments:

Post a Comment